Maokai Probuilds explained
Based on our LoL Jungle Tier List from pro builds at patch 13.19, Maokai – the Twisted Treant – is a C-Tier champion. Among professional League of Legends players, Maokai is most often selected on the Jungle position. This is your source to learn all about Maokai Probuilds and to learn how to play Maokai. This page shows you how a pro builds Maokai in detail. Solo queue and tournament matches played by the best Maokai players are listed.
On the current patch pros on Maokai have won 1 out of 3 matches, resulting in a win rate of 33.3% and a pick rate of 0.2%. In 0.2% of the matches Maokai is banned, because it can be very unpleasant to have to play against the Tank. When Maokai is not banned and only the Maokai Probuilds are considered, the champion averages a KDA of 0.0 in professional players Solo Queue matches.
A Maokai probuild is best suited to counter Sejuani, to counter Hecarim or to counter Gragas on the opposing team. With Maokai and the available probuilds, it is possible to minimize their strengths and exploit their weaknesses. On the other hand, Karthus, Evelynn or Elise lead to desperation for Maokai players. Learn from Pros how they counter pick Maokai.
In regards to runes for Maokai you can see that Inspiration and Domination are the rune paths, which are preferred by Pros.
FAQ for Maokai Probuilds
On which position do the most Maokai Probuilds exist?
Pros play Maokai mostly on position Jungle.
Do you have some tips besides the Maokai Probuilds?
Besides checking out the available Maokai Probuilds here are a few Maokai tips, if you are an ally or enemy:
- Saplings can be tossed into brush for empowered effect - but don't stack well.
- Try looking for flanks or other situations where Nature's Grasp is unavoidable or takes enemies by surprise.
- Maokai's passive makes him extremely durable against focus fire from spells - so long as he can still basic attack something.
- Saplings will chase the first enemy that gets too close, but detonate after a few seconds or if they collide with other enemies. Be especially careful around brush sapling, as they are much more dangerous.
- The cooldown on Maokai's self healing is heavily gated on how many time you hit him with spells. Careful about wasting abilities on him.
- Maokai will avoid taking damage while he's using Twisted Advance, so don't waste your spells.