Garen Probuilds explained
Based on our LoL Tier List from pro builds at patch 13.6, Garen – The Might of Demacia – is a -Tier champion. Among professional League of Legends players, Garen is most often selected on the Top position. This is your source to learn all about Garen Probuilds and to learn how to play Garen. This page shows you how a pro builds Garen in detail. Solo queue and tournament matches played by the best Garen players are listed.
On the current patch pros on Garen have won 2 out of 3 matches, resulting in a win rate of 66.7% and a pick rate of <0.1%. In 0.5% of the matches Garen is banned, because it can be very unpleasant to have to play against the Fighter. When Garen is not banned and only the Garen Probuilds are considered, the champion averages a KDA of 0.0 in professional players Solo Queue matches.
A Garen probuild is best suited to counter Illaoi, to counter K'Sante or to counter Renekton on the opposing team. With Garen and the available probuilds, it is possible to minimize their strengths and exploit their weaknesses. On the other hand, Tryndamere, Camille or Pantheon lead to desperation for Garen players. Learn from Pros how they counter pick Garen.
In regards to runes for Garen you can see that Sorcery and Resolve are the rune paths, which are preferred by Pros.
FAQ for Garen Probuilds
On which position do the most Garen Probuilds exist?
Pros play Garen mostly on position Top.
Do you have some tips besides the Garen Probuilds?
Besides checking out the available Garen Probuilds here are a few Garen tips, if you are an ally or enemy:
- Garen's regeneration greatly increases if he can avoid receiving damage for several seconds.
- Judgment deals maximum damage when only hitting a single target. For effective trading, try to position such that only the enemy champion is hit.
- Garen is only constrained by cooldowns, making items such as Black Cleaver very effective for him.
- Stack armor items to lower the large amount of physical damage that Garen deals out.
- Try to run away from Garen as your health gets lower, as he can execute you quickly with Demacian Justice.
- Be careful about attacking Garen in brush. It often will lead to taking full damage from Judgment.
- Judgment deals maximum damage when only hitting a single target. If getting out of its radius isn't possible, move through allied minions to reduce damage taken.