Riven Probuilds explained
Based on our LoL Tier List from pro builds at patch 13.9, Riven – the Exile – is a B-Tier champion. Among professional League of Legends players, Riven is most often selected on the Top position. This is your source to learn all about Riven Probuilds and to learn how to play Riven. This page shows you how a pro builds Riven in detail. Solo queue and tournament matches played by the best Riven players are listed.
On the current patch pros on Riven have won 0 out of 5 matches, resulting in a win rate of 0% and a pick rate of 0.1%. In 4.1% of the matches Riven is banned, because it can be very unpleasant to have to play against the Fighter. When Riven is not banned and only the Riven Probuilds are considered, the champion averages a KDA of 0.0 in professional players Solo Queue matches.
A Riven probuild is best suited to counter Yorick, to counter Irelia or to counter Gwen on the opposing team. With Riven and the available probuilds, it is possible to minimize their strengths and exploit their weaknesses. On the other hand, Maokai, Malphite or Kled lead to desperation for Riven players. Learn from Pros how they counter pick Riven.
In regards to runes for Riven you can see that Precision and Sorcery are the rune paths, which are preferred by Pros.
FAQ for Riven Probuilds
On which position do the most Riven Probuilds exist?
Pros play Riven mostly on position Top.
Do you have some tips besides the Riven Probuilds?
Besides checking out the available Riven Probuilds here are a few Riven tips, if you are an ally or enemy:
- Riven's Broken Wings locks onto the champion your cursor is over at the time of cast. If you want to move past your opponent, make sure that your cursor is past your opponent as well.
- Riven lacks a source of healing or strong defense and must compensate with burst combos. Lead into fights with Broken Wings and Ki Burst, while using Valor to escape and absorb counter-harass.
- Riven has a great deal of mobility but she cannot move very far with any one skill. Rooting or silencing her during her combo will greatly reduce her effectiveness.
- All of Riven's damage is physical, prioritize high Armor if an opposing Riven gets out of control.
- Riven excels at dueling multiple melee attackers at once, as she will be on an almost equal footing damage-wise. If pairing up against Riven, don't go in as double melee until she has expended her full combo.