Swain Probuilds explained
Based on our LoL Tier List from pro builds at patch 13.9, Swain – the Noxian Grand General – is a A-Tier champion. Among professional League of Legends players, Swain is most often selected on the Mid position. This is your source to learn all about Swain Probuilds and to learn how to play Swain. This page shows you how a pro builds Swain in detail. Solo queue and tournament matches played by the best Swain players are listed.
On the current patch pros on Swain have won 4 out of 8 matches, resulting in a win rate of 50% and a pick rate of 0.2%. In 0.5% of the matches Swain is banned, because it can be very unpleasant to have to play against the Mage. When Swain is not banned and only the Swain Probuilds are considered, the champion averages a KDA of 0.0 in professional players Solo Queue matches.
A Swain probuild is best suited to counter Akali, to counter Diana or to counter Vex on the opposing team. With Swain and the available probuilds, it is possible to minimize their strengths and exploit their weaknesses. On the other hand, Akshan, Cassiopeia or Irelia lead to desperation for Swain players. Learn from Pros how they counter pick Swain.
In regards to runes for Swain you can see that Precision and Resolve are the rune paths, which are preferred by Pros.
FAQ for Swain Probuilds
On which position do the most Swain Probuilds exist?
Pros play Swain mostly on position Mid.
Do you have some tips besides the Swain Probuilds?
Besides checking out the available Swain Probuilds here are a few Swain tips, if you are an ally or enemy:
- If you're having trouble rooting an enemy with Nevermove, try throwing it at opponents when they are near their minions so the explosion surprises them.
- While laning, try to use Death's Hand's piercing damage to damage opponents from a safe distance.
- Vision of Empire is quite difficult to land on its own, look for skirmishes around the map where enemies may be distracted or crowd controlled so you can land it more easily.
- Demonic Ascension may make Swain very hard to kill but he's pretty easy to get away from. Try building items that can slow opponents to keep them in range if their mobility is overwhelming.
- Swain's passive is very potent if you are immobilized. Make sure to be extra careful around enemies who have immobilizing effects.
- High mobility counters all of Swain's basic abilities: Death's Hand does more damage the closer he is, Vision of Empire has a very long delay and Nevermove must start returning back to him to be dangerous.
- Buying an item with Grievous Wounds will make Swain much easier to kill during his Demonic Ascension.