Vel'Koz Probuilds explained
Based on our LoL Tier List from pro builds at patch 13.9, Vel'Koz – the Eye of the Void – is a B-Tier champion. Among professional League of Legends players, Vel'Koz is most often selected on the Support position. This is your source to learn all about Vel'Koz Probuilds and to learn how to play Vel'Koz. This page shows you how a pro builds Vel'Koz in detail. Solo queue and tournament matches played by the best Vel'Koz players are listed.
On the current patch pros on Vel'Koz have won 1 out of 1 matches, resulting in a win rate of 100% and a pick rate of <0.1%. In 0.2% of the matches Vel'Koz is banned, because it can be very unpleasant to have to play against the Mage. When Vel'Koz is not banned and only the Vel'Koz Probuilds are considered, the champion averages a KDA of 0.0 in professional players Solo Queue matches.
A Vel'Koz probuild is best suited to counter Ashe, to counter Brand or to counter Soraka on the opposing team. With Vel'Koz and the available probuilds, it is possible to minimize their strengths and exploit their weaknesses. On the other hand, Janna, Yuumi or Xerath lead to desperation for Vel'Koz players. Learn from Pros how they counter pick Vel'Koz.
In regards to runes for Vel'Koz you can see that Sorcery and Domination are the rune paths, which are preferred by Pros.
FAQ for Vel'Koz Probuilds
On which position do the most Vel'Koz Probuilds exist?
Pros play Vel'Koz mostly on position Support.
Do you have some tips besides the Vel'Koz Probuilds?
Besides checking out the available Vel'Koz Probuilds here are a few Vel'Koz tips, if you are an ally or enemy:
- When laning, use Void Rift to kill minions while building stacks of Organic Deconstruction on your opponent. You can then follow up with your other abilities.
- Shooting Plasma Fission diagonally and splitting at maximum range allows you to hit opponents that are out of the range of the initial missile, but is more challenging to pull off.
- Be very careful about when to use Life Form Disintegration Ray. Many champions have abilities that can interrupt the spell.
- Vel'Koz is very dangerous if left alone in a fight. Try to focus him down early.
- Vel'Koz has fairly low mobility and is vulnerable to ganks.
- Life Form Disintegration Ray can be interrupted by stuns, silences and knockups.