Azir Probuilds explained
Based on our LoL Tier List from pro builds at patch 13.1, Azir – the Emperor of the Sands – is a -Tier champion. Among professional League of Legends players, Azir is most often selected on the Mid position. This is your source to learn all about Azir Probuilds and to learn how to play Azir. This page shows you how a pro builds Azir in detail. Solo queue and tournament matches played by the best Azir players are listed.
On the current patch pros on Azir have won 96 out of 179 matches, resulting in a win rate of 53.6% and a pick rate of 1.1%. In 0.7% of the matches Azir is banned, because it can be very unpleasant to have to play against the Mage. When Azir is not banned and only the Azir Probuilds are considered, the champion averages a KDA of 0.0 in professional players Solo Queue matches.
A Azir probuild is best suited to counter Orianna, to counter Vladimir or to counter Katarina on the opposing team. With Azir and the available probuilds, it is possible to minimize their strengths and exploit their weaknesses. On the other hand, Galio, Xerath or Talon lead to desperation for Azir players. Learn from Pros how they counter pick Azir.
In regards to runes for Azir you can see that Precision and Sorcery are the rune paths, which are preferred by Pros.
FAQ for Azir Probuilds
On which position do the most Azir Probuilds exist?
Pros play Azir mostly on position Mid.
Do you have some tips besides the Azir Probuilds?
Besides checking out the available Azir Probuilds here are a few Azir tips, if you are an ally or enemy:
- Be careful about putting down both of the soldiers stored by Arise! Unless you're going all-in, always have a soldier in your back pocket if you need to escape over a wall or if you misposition your other soldier and need damage now.
- In the lane, try to position your soldiers between the enemy's minions and the enemy champion. This way you can use them both to last hit and to project threat onto your lane opponent.
- Think of Emperor's Divide as a defensive ability first and foremost. Use it when the enemy engages on you or your allies. Remember that your team can walk through the soldiers summoned by Emperor's Divide and use this to your advantage when enemy melee champions engage on you.
- Be a bird!
- Azir relies on his soldiers to deal damage and can only move them so often. Try to capitalize on windows of time when his soldiers are stationary.
- Azir has immense damage over a prolonged amount of time but lacks the upfront burst of other mages. Try to burst him out before he can turn a confrontation around.
- Try to think of Sand Soldiers as fire. Don't stand in the fire.