Thresh Probuilds explained
Based on our LoL Tier List from pro builds at patch 13.9, Thresh – the Chain Warden – is a S-Tier champion. Among professional League of Legends players, Thresh is most often selected on the Support position. This is your source to learn all about Thresh Probuilds and to learn how to play Thresh. This page shows you how a pro builds Thresh in detail. Solo queue and tournament matches played by the best Thresh players are listed.
On the current patch pros on Thresh have won 51 out of 91 matches, resulting in a win rate of 56% and a pick rate of 1.8%. In 11% of the matches Thresh is banned, because it can be very unpleasant to have to play against the Support. When Thresh is not banned and only the Thresh Probuilds are considered, the champion averages a KDA of 0.0 in professional players Solo Queue matches.
A Thresh probuild is best suited to counter Yuumi, to counter Lulu or to counter Nami on the opposing team. With Thresh and the available probuilds, it is possible to minimize their strengths and exploit their weaknesses. On the other hand, Rakan, Janna or Vel'Koz lead to desperation for Thresh players. Learn from Pros how they counter pick Thresh.
In regards to runes for Thresh you can see that Inspiration and Resolve are the rune paths, which are preferred by Pros.
FAQ for Thresh Probuilds
On which position do the most Thresh Probuilds exist?
Pros play Thresh mostly on position Support.
Do you have some tips besides the Thresh Probuilds?
Besides checking out the available Thresh Probuilds here are a few Thresh tips, if you are an ally or enemy:
- Communication is key when making use of Thresh's lantern. Let your teammates know how you like to use it.
- Death Sentence and Flay can be combined in either cast order for powerful combinations.
- Thresh can collect souls without needing to kill units himself. Planning your map position to be near the most deaths will help to maximize soul collection.
- Thresh's Death Sentence has a long cast time. Watch for the cast to begin to take evasive actions.
- Intentionally breaking a wall of The Box can allow a vulnerable ally to escape unscathed.
- Thresh relies on collecting souls for a portion of his defense and damage. Try punishing him when he moves to collect them.