Jitter clicking is another method to click faster in games, which is supposed to achieve a higher number of clicks per second. Especially in games like Minecraft, this technique is used to gain an advantage through higher click speed and more efficiency. But what exactly is jitter clicking and how can you learn it? Here you can learn everything about the topic.
What is Jitter Clicking?
Jitter clicking is a sophisticated technique for clicking the mouse button to achieve a high click speed. It is a special type of clicking that can easily double the average clicking speed.
Jitter clicking involves transferring controlled hand and forearm vibrations to the clicking fingers, resulting in multiple mouse clicks within a few seconds. This clicking method is definitely one of the most strenuous and more for experienced people.
How does Jitter Clicking work?
Jitter clicking is not only difficult to learn, but the method is also enormously uncomfortable in the long run. Follow these steps to get the most out of the jitter technique.
- Tense your forearm muscles and make your entire forearm tremble or vibrate down to your fingertips. Important: Do not move your fingers, all the work is done by your forearm.
- Now apply your vibrating click hand to your mouse with a fingertip grip. It is important that your hand only touches the mouse with your fingertips – otherwise the vibration will be lost and not transferred to your left mouse button.
- Also, make sure that the heel of your hand and wrist are not touching the table or the mouse. To do this, tilt your wrist slightly upwards.
- Make sure that your entire clicking hand is always slightly raised so that the vibrations reach your clicking finger.
- When your finger starts to vibrate, you can use it to trigger numerous mouse clicks.
Optional: Use a support finger in combination with your click finger to add stability. Use either your thumb or middle finger to have two fingers on your left mouse button when jittering.
Sounds complicated and exhausting? It is, and it takes a lot of practice to even start – let alone master – jitter clicking. It often helps to first do dry runs on your desk without the mouse. First, try practicing vibrating your finger with your forearms.
Once you get the hang of it, start practicing with the mouse. Here are a few important tips that can help you learn and apply jitter clicking better:
- Don’t hold your mouse too tightly, otherwise your hand will stop jittering. Instead, hold the mouse below your hand and aim with your whole arm.
- When jitter clicking, you cannot aim from your wrist, but must hold your wrist rigid and move your entire arm out from your shoulder to aim. If you have never aimed with your arm before, this will be a learning process and you will have difficulty at first.
- To make jitter clicks and aim in the game at the same time, set your mouse sensitivity down! With high sensitivity you will never be able to aim in-game while jittering, because your crosshairs will get totally out of sync.
As I said, jitter clicking is really complicated and hard to learn compared to butterfly clicking or drag clicking. Although jitter clicking is the fastest clicking method, the other two methods can be good alternatives due to the high difficulty and physical strain.
Which Gaming Mice are good for Jitter Clicking?
With jitter clicking, you are somewhat freer in your choice of mice than with other clicking techniques. However, we recommend smaller and flatter mice that are well suited for fingertip clicking. Generally, you can use this method with any good gaming mouse, but the following models are particularly well suited for it:
- Logitech G502
- Logitech G303
- Razer Viper Mini
- Glorious Model O
- Razer Naga Trinity
- SteelSeries Rival 600
- Corsair Nightsword
Now you know how to jitter click. The technique of jitter clicking is certainly one of the most effective methods to click faster. However, it requires a lot of practice, getting used to it and can be enormously stressful for your tendons, muscles and nerves in the long run. So be careful!